Home › On page Optimization ›
HTML Heading tags H1,H2,H3,H4 ..Optimization
Heading shows the importance of a sentence ,if you wrap a sentence
or words inside <h1> </h1> ,search engines will considered
it as the most important sentence in your document .
The next priority is for h2 tag ,so this can be used to mark a
sentence with lesser importance than h1.
These heading tags can be used to structure your page . You can
group your content under this headings as per their importance .
Have a look at News papers & magazines they very well group
content under headings .
Optimizing HTML heading tag
- It is better to use only h1 tag ,if the content is too long
then you can add one more h1.
- If your content is short you can avoid using h1 tag ,use h2
- Don't violate the priority of tags ,you can put a h2 heading
below h1 but Don't insert h1 below h2 .
- Ensure that h1 heading contains your top most keywords
- Other tags may contain less important keywords or related words
- Keep the length of the heading short ,3- 4 words
- Don't repeat keywords only one keyword
- Place keywords at the beginning of heading
- Don't spam .
- Its better not to bold or italics
your heading .
Place h1 tag at the beginning of your content .